Do you know the right questions to ask in your business? Today we are talking to Ann Hiatt about her experience asking the right questions with powerful CEOs in the room.
Ann loves applying the lessons of innovation, ambition, growth at scale, and forward-thinking leadership that she learned at Amazon and Google to expanding businesses and individual careers. She brings a global lens to every project and is committed to democratizing the internet and bringing underrepresented voices to the forefront. Ann values being the down-to-earth mentor you always wished you had, and today she’s taking time to share her insight with us.
“It’s alright if I also have no idea how to do this, I’m just gonna try something, gather data, pivot, and try again.” – Ann Hiatt
Highlights from today’s discussion with Ann include:
- Introducing Ann Hiatt (1:14)
- Who Bet on Yourself was written for (5:41)
- Building up the confidence to work for CEOs like Jeff Bezos (7:10)
- Noteworthy behaviors of Jeff Bezos (11:17)
- Thrown into the deep end by Marissa Meyers (12:53)
- Ann shares what qualifies you to sit at the next table (17:33)
- The skillsets needed to disrupt disruption (19:22)
- Being a shadow (22:54)
- Common characteristics of powerhouse CEOs (24:57)
- Learning how to ask the right questions (28:37)
- Knowing how to best spend your time (35:38)
- Always keeping the end-user in mind (39:08)
- Ann shares what she would like you to take away from this episode (43:53)
Are you pushing yourself and really placing bets on yourself in your organization? We love feedback and would love to know more about your strategy and how your organization comes together! Come share with us on social media!
Connect with Ann Hiatt